EMAIL MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
Despite predictions of its death in the marketing world, emails are still around and delivering a handsome return on investment (ROI) to marketers.
In a recent survey conducted by Demand Metric and the Data & Marketing Association (DMA), it was concluded that email marketing had an impressive ROI of 122%.
That was four times higher than the other marketing channels which were analyzed. Those channels included paid search, direct mail, and social media.
What startup wouldn’t want that kind of ROI on email marketing? And the best thing about email marketing is you don’t have to break the bank to run an email campaign.
Though email marketing is highly effective, not all startups are able to harness the true power of email marketing. But some brands have excelled at email marketing.
Here are some tips on creating a successful email marketing campaign:
- A lot depends on a subject line – make it catchy, engaging, and benefit-rich
- Avoid jargon in your email copy – write in plain, persuasive language
- Break up text so it’s easy to scan – use bullets and subheading
- Talk about the benefits you’re going to offer
- Optimize emails for mobile devices